Quartz crystals are a melding of nature and technology. They start with quartz, one of the world’s hardest minerals. A ceramic coating is bonded to each piece of quartz. This combination creates a crystal that is both tough and beautiful. Its color refuses to bleed or fade even when exposed to harsh sunlight, strong chemicals and mechanical wear. Our system permanently bonds the quartz to the concrete using epoxy/polyurea resins at a typical thickness of 1/8 to 1/6 of an inch. These floors will stand the test of time.
- Non slip surface.
- Easy clean surface.
- Protects concrete from automobile fluids.
- Stop tracking dirt into your home.
- Resists cracking, crumbling and pitting.
- Re-strengthens old deteriorated concrete and adds several years of useful life
- Installations are permanent.
- Great for commercial and residential.
- Can be applied with polyurea-quick install/return to service system.
Advantages of Epoxy Floors in Chicago:
- Durability: One of the best qualities of Epoxy Floors flooring is its durability and resistance to wear and tear. Chicago Epoxy Floors floors offer all of the durability of Epoxy flooring including high compressive strengths. They will also not warp, buckle, or flake like some other flooring options. Additionally, stained concrete floors are ultraviolet light resistant to resist fading or discoloration. Finally, unlike some concrete paints, concrete Epoxy will not chip or peel like cheap paints.
- Beauty: Properly designed and installed Epoxy flooring is capable of capturing the look of far more expensive flooring options including granite, marble, travertine, sandstone, flagstone, and slate. This can give your flooring an elegant and stylish look at an affordable cost. Even single color Epoxy Floors can provide a unique look, allowing them to stand out beyond any commercial or industrial application.
- Energy Savings: Concrete floors have an ability to absorb, store, and slowly release heat and coolness. Because of this “thermal mass” property, Epoxy Floors can reduce the load on heating and air conditioning equipment by moderating indoor temperature swings while outdoor temperatures may vary drastically.
- Low Maintenance: Epoxy Floors require very little maintenance compared to other flooring options. These floors can simply be swept and mopped clean as needed while maintaining their overall look and elegance. Occasionally, Epoxy Floors in high traffic areas may need to be buffed or repolished to maintain their shine.
- Optimal Indoor Air Quality: The four main sources of indoor air quality are (1) allergens, such as dust mites, mold, mildew; (2) retained moisture and dampness; (3) odors from smoke and cleaning agents; and (4) volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) emitted from some building materials. Epoxy Floors eliminate all of these indoor air quality problems because they do not allow for the growth of mold and mildew, will not collect dust mites, easily allow moisture to evaporate, can be cleaned easily without harsh chemicals, and can be installed with a sealer that contains low or no VOC’s.
- Water Resistance: Stained concrete floors allow low amounts of moisture to pass through without leaving behind any negative results or effects. Epoxy Floors will not warp or rot, grow mold or mildew, or discolor like many other flooring surfaces when exposed to moisture from above or below.
- Sustainability: There is an important and recent trend towards using environmentally friendly and sustainable building materials and methods when building and remodeling commercial and industrial buildings. Because concrete is energy efficient to product, is made from local products, and uses recycled or waste products when manufactured stained concrete floors are a sustainable building material. Other environmental benefits of stained concrete floors are that they promote optimal indoor air quality, reduce operating costs, have little construction waste, and will not ever need to be replaced.
Characteristics of Epoxy Flooring:
Epoxy flake floors have become a popular choice to transform an oil stained garage into a living space impervious to all auto fluids. Our process utilizes advanced formulation epoxies, urethanes and colored vinyl flakes to cover any concrete surface with a granite-like finish. This process is now being applied in garages, showrooms, schools and any other place you want concrete sealed permanently. We use only the finest 100% Solids Epoxy products with Low or zero VOC (Volatical Organic Content) that comply with the EPA and U.S. Green Initiative.Epoxy floor coatings are becoming increasingly more popular in commercial facilities. Whether you have an existing building or a new construction property we can service your flooring needs. There are many advantages to the epoxy systems that you won't find with your traditional concrete or tile flooring. Our coatings are both durable and easy to maintain. There are a variety of systems available ranging from basic epoxy to decorative quartz, trowel down, conductive, and chemical resistant and new Reflective epoxy floors.
Our Other Types of Epoxy Floors:
100% Solid Epoxy Floor Coating is Recommended for these floors:
- Garage Floors
- Loading docks
- Kitchen floors/Anti-microbial
- Clean rooms
- Chemical processing
- Battery charging areas
- Pickling and plating rooms
- Food processing
- Meat & poultry plants
- Beverage plants
- Animal housing/Kennels
- Loading docks
- Waste treatment plants
- Aircraft hangers
- Correctional facilities
- High traffic areas
- Locker rooms